Wednesday 31 August 2011

Time Is Flying By!

Today is the last day of August! I can't believe it!! This entire summer just flew by. It's hard to believe that I won't be returning to high school in a week. My brother picked up his timetable and it made me a little sad to look at it. At the time, you don't realize how fast high school will pass. I still remember the first day of grade 8 like it was yesterday. But now I start a new chapter in my life. In a week I will be entering College. To be honest, I am scared out of my mind. What if I don't make any new friends, what if I can't handle it, and most importantly what if I lose touch with my friends who mean the world to me? But I am also excited because I know I will make new friends, I will be able to handle it, and I will stay friends with Georgie, Flora, and Millie, because our friendship is different from most people's. During our orientation, the speaker said "This is a blank slate, you can be whoever you want to be". This really got me thinking. In high school everyone thinks they know who you are without getting to know you. This year I am going to show the real me. I am going to try to be more outgoing and show everyone the real Mia, the Mia my friends know.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE!! you are right, we will ALWAYS stay friends! and everyone deserves to see the real Mia! show em what you got! if you've got it, flaunt it! i don't know why i really felt like saying that. :)

    ReplyDelete