Wednesday 24 October 2012

Tattoos

Recently I have a huge urge to get a tattoo. I've always said that it has to have meaning. I still think the same but I think of that differently now. I used to think it had to be for someone or have like actual meaning but now I think it could be a quote that speaks to you or something like that. Like it still has to mean something but not how I thought of it before. That sounds super confusing but I hope you know what I mean. Tattoos have become a huge part of our generation. It seems like everyone and their brother has a tattoo. I used to think that it will look weird when you get older but since they will be more common, it will be the norm. Everyone in the old folks home will be all tatted up. This is obviously something that I would want lots of opinions in and I would put a lot of thought into it but I think it will make me feel a little more rebellious. The Mark Twain quote really spoke to me.  "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” I want to get the entire quote tattooed on my back. Just Kidding! I really love the part "Sail away from the same harbor." As you can see from my blog title. But I think the reason I like it so much is because, as I said before, I am not an adventurous person. I would like to be but sometimes I am just scared. This part of the quote is like get away from your comfort zone, do something you have never done. It inspires to do something that scares me. At least that how I interpret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment