Friday 27 May 2011

Rules to Live By

Lately I have been thinking of my own personal rules to live by. These are mine:

1. Everything happens for a reason: When I was in grade 5 I was really upset because Georgie and I were not in the same class. When I told my Gran she told me "Everything happens for a reason". To be honest this is true. To this day Georgie and I are still best friends. I think being separated in grade 5 strengthened our relationship. Sure, we were not as close but we were still best friends. Still, when anything ever bad happens I think "Everything happens for a reason". It may not work for all situations, but for most it does.

2. The answer is always going to be no if you do not ask: Over the past few days I have been thinking about this one. I happen to be scared to ask questions because I do not want to be reject and feel embarrassed. But quite honestly, being scared to ask questions will get you no where in life. Sometimes you just have to face your fears and deal with it. I am trying to overcome this. If you never ask anything you will be stuck in the same spot in your life forever.

3. Karma: This is not really a rule, but I believe in it 100%. Sometimes maybe too much. If I do something good, something good will happen to me. If I do something bad, something bad will happen to me. I go so far to plan out situations in my head. I may be going overboard but I feel like it gives me a reason for why something bad happened, or to make a bad situation feel not so hard anymore. It almost gives me something to blame when things turn out not so exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment