Sunday 19 June 2011

Recital

Last night I had quite possibly my last dance recital. Throughout the show I was fine, happy as a clam. But after the finale, when Linda was giving her little spiel, I couldn't contain myself. I tried to keep it together but I just started crying. Not even like a few tears, like full on ugly crying. I would finally calm myself down but then I would see someone and start crying again. It was a non stop waterfall of tears. It was really hard to say goodbye to the teachers, especially Lian. There was so much I wanted to say to her but I couldn't get my words out. I wanted to tell her how awesome of a teacher she is. How she makes dance an enjoyable place to be and I always want to go when she is teaching. She knows how to make us all laugh but also knows when to crack down on us. She really loves us all and I don't think all the people in my class notice that. At the beginning of the year I didn't think I would be this upset. Even yesterday I didn't think I would as upset. But this dance studio feels like my second home. I am there 10 hours a week. I am going to miss the people in my class, even though I do not even like all of them. If I was like this for leaving dance, how am I going to be at the Grad Ceremony! I am going to be a mess! Better bring out the waterproof mascara!

No comments:

Post a Comment