Wednesday 23 March 2011

Seattle!!

On Monday I left for Seattle for 2 days. I just got back today and it was so fun! I have never been here before, I have only driven through it. But I had always wanted to go. Anyways we left bright and early Monday morning. Luckily we only had a wait at the border for maybe 5 minutes! Before Seattle we stopped in Lynnwood to go to Alderwood Mall, which is fantastic! It took a little longer than expected because Susan (our GPS) likes to take us on the back roads, completely away from civilization, which sometimes can be a little sketchy. We ate lunch at Panera Bread, which is so so so delicious! I got broccoli and cheddar soup and caesar salad. The broccoli soup was amazing! I am quite picky with my broccoli soup and this was definitely in my top three! After that we went and did some shopping. I was feeling quite rushed though because my brother and dad were having a flip out (they hate shopping). But I did end up getting a few things from Love Culture, Urban Outfitters, and Nordstrom. After, we started to head to Seattle. It was only about a 20 minute drive from here. As we were driving it started to rain. I thought this was a hint at what the weather was going to be like there. But as soon as we entered Seattle it was sunny!! We stayed at the Sheraton. We would never stay in a place that is so expensive but we got a great deal a hotwire.com. It is normally around 200-250 dollars a night but we got it for 75! It was a great location too. Right in the centre of downtown. After checking in, we just walked around downtown. Then we went for dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. It was so good!! The portions are huge!!! We wanted to get cheesecake for dessert, but I was so full! I definitely had a food baby. We were so exhausted from the day we just went back to the hotel and went to bed. The next day we went to the Space Needle. It was so cool!!! It is 550 (I think) feet up in the air. The view is spectacular!! Maybe I will post a few pictures later. Words cannot describe the feeling. But I also love stuff like that. After, we took the monorail back to downtown. The monorail is pretty much like a skytrain but it only has 1 stop, and bigger windows. For the people who have never seen a skytrain or been in one, it could be pretty interesting, but for me it was just a regular ride. Next we went to Pike Place Market. It was sorta like Granville Island but not as nice. Some parts were sorta sketchy, and it smelled like fish. But other than that it was pretty cool. This night we went to dinner at Black Angus. We had to drive there because my mama really wanted to go. It was worth the drive. You got sooo much food for the price. It was deeelish! When we got back to the hotel we stopped at the Cheesecake Factory, because it is right beside our hotel, and got some Cheesecake to go. I got Oreo Cheesecake. That was pretty good too. I am pretty sure I gained about 20 pounds from this trip!!

No comments:

Post a Comment