Thursday 10 March 2011

Volunteering!

So today Flora and I were volunteering at the old folks home from 9:30 - 4:00. This was a long day. I feel so bad for the people that live in these places. They are so lonely and it brightens their day when they see you come in. It makes me feel good to be doing something that makes someone else so happy. This lady that I was with today was really funny! As I was pushing her in her wheelchair, another lady asked me for help with her wheelchair. As I was helping her she told me she was going to braid my hair later. I just said okay and went back to the previous lady. She begin to tell me that "That lady does that to everyone who is with someone else. She just wants attention". I thought it was hilarious! She is also the boss of the place. She tells me where to put things and who sits where. And when I said "I don't think they want to sit there" she just shrugs her shoulders and makes a "their loss" face. If you could see me I am doing it right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment